Posted by : Άνθια Κουρσάρη Friday, March 29, 2013
Except from the workout, which is one of the basic factors for a better metabolism, there are also some other tricks. Here I give you 12 tips which can help you make a better metabolism.
- Eat protein in every meal. Rich sources of protein are lean meat, legumes and fish. Be careful in each serving of protein, which it should not exceed the 30 grams. For example, 30 grams are equivalent to one cup of low fat cottage cheese or 2 pieces of chicken breast without the skin.
- Avoid foods that are rich in cereals and flour, like bread and pasta. At least for the time you wish to boost your metabolism, eat small portions of grain.
- Avoid processed foods: say no to ice cream, chocolates, deli meats and mayonnaise.
- Reduce starch: make sure that you eat one serving of starchy food per day. This portion should be a part of your breakfast or your lunch but not of your dinner, as your stomach will hardly be able to digest that food during the night.
- Eat fruits but in moderation: you can eat two fruits per day. Prefer those which are rich in fiber and low in sugar, like apples and pears. Additionally, prefer organic fruits which make your metabolism run with a thousand miles.
- Say yes to dairy products with low fat: yogurt, milk and cheese are just some of the healthy options you have, which you can use to replace a fattening snack. According to a research by the University of Copenhagen, calcium helps the body to metabolize fat more quickly and with greater success.
- Reduce alcohol: if you can not quit completely, reduce the daily consumption of alcohol in a glass of wine. As long as you are under a diet, you have to forget the cocktails as they seem to increase fat storage by 73%, especially if you don't drink one per night.
- Prefer olive oil and forget the butter and all the other saturated fats. Following this direction, stop completely consuming fried food and foods that contain a lot of fats and margarine.
- Do not forget to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. Try to drink cold water, as this helps your metabolism burn more calories. However, more calories will not be burned just with one glass but if you do this frequently ( every day).
- Make sure you get enough sleep: at least 8 hours a day, so you're relaxed. Some of the foods that help you sleep more calm are milk, cereal, apples, vegetables and green tea. Especially green tea, not only makes your dreams sweet, but also according to a recent study people who consume 3 cups of green tea daily they've reduced their weight by 4.6 kg more than those who drank no tea and they've followed the same diet.
- Start to exercise: food that fills you up with energy and makes you go straight forward to the gym, are salmon cereals, chocolate ( prefer the black which is more dietary) and nuts, especially walnuts. Foods that are full of omega-3 fats like salmon,sardines an tuna, help your body feel faster satiety.
- Do many small meals throughout the day: do not let your stomach empty for many hours, because instead of boosting your metabolism, it will be completely inactive.